Native World News

Security forces kill 23 terrorists in operations across K-P in last 48 hours: ISPR

Security forces kill 23 terrorists in operations across K-P in last 48 hours: ISPR

Says arms and explosives recovered; underground tunnels and bunkers used by militants destroyed during operations

At least 23 terrorists were killed during a series of intelligence-based operations carried out by security forces over the past 48 hours in various areas of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. the military’s media wing said on Thursday.

According to a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), security forces were continuing a series of intelligence-based operations in K-P in a determined effort to eliminate terrorist threats. dismantle militant networks based on credible intelligence leads, with operations expanded to hotspots including Datta Khel, Spinwam and Bannu.

It added that over the past 48 hours, troops effectively engaged multiple militant locations during these operations.

Read:22 terrorists killed during sanitisation operation in K-P's North Waziristan: ISPR

“Following intense. fierce exchanges of fire, 23 morekhwarijbelonging to Indian-sponsoredFitna-al-Khwarij,includingkharjiringleader Jan Meer alias Toor Saqib, have been neutralised in the aforementioned areas, thereby giving a significant blow to thekhwarijnetworks operating in these areas,” it added.

The ISPR further said that Saqib was highly wanted. carried a bounty announced by the government for his involvement in multiple terrorist activities, including the killing of security personnel and civilians.

The statement said weapons, ammunition. a large cache of explosives, including improvised explosive devices, were recovered from the slain militants, adding that during sanitisation operations, a network of underground tunnels and bunkers used by them was also unearthed and destroyed.

“Sanitisation operations continue to eliminate holed up khwarij from these areas, as relentless Counter Terrorism campaign under vision “Azm e Istehkam” (as approved by Federal Apex Committee on National Action Plan) by Security Forces. Law Enforcement Agencies of Pakistan will continue at full pace to wipe out the menace of foreign-sponsored and supported terrorism from the country,” the statement concluded.

The Apex Committee of the National Action Plan had approved Operation Azm-e-Istehkam in June 2024 to eliminate terrorism. extremism across the country, aiming to eradicate militancy decisively and comprehensively.

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi praised the security forces for successful operations against terrorists.

According to a statement, Naqvi commended the professional capabilities of security forces.

“Security forces demonstrated timely. effective action, foiling the nefarious designs of Indian-sponsored terrorists,” the interior minister said, while paying tribute to the security forces for sending the militants to their “logical end”.

“Intelligence-based operations will continue until the complete elimination of Indian-sponsored terrorism,” the minister said.

K-P has beenbattling terrorismsince the United States' ouster from Afghanistan, with terrorists often crossing the border to target police convoys. vehicles, resulting in the deaths of several officials and personnel.

The Pakistan Institute for Conflict. Security Studies, in areport, said that 85 verified terrorist attacks were recorded in April, down from 146 in March, marking a 42% decline, while fatalities from such attacks fell from 106 to 60, extending a downward trajectory that had begun in the previous month.

The report attributed the improvement to Pakistan’s cross-border military campaign against terrorist groups. Taliban positions between February 26 and March 18, which later gave way to a suspension of hostilities and talks in Urumqi, China.

Operation Ghazab lil-Haq had been launched following unprovoked firing by the Afghan Taliban from across the border. Despite the decline in attacks, overall combat-related deaths, including those from militant violence. security operations, stood at 291 in April.

Militants accounted for 224 of these deaths, representing 77% of the total. The remaining casualties included 28 security personnel, 37 civilians and two members of pro-government peace committees.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see ourComments FAQ

Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2609303/wanted-commander-among-five-terrorists-killed-in-north-waziristan-ibo-security-sources

Discussion

Sign in to join the thread, react, and share images.