QUETTA: The Balochistan government on Sunday imposed Section 144 across the province for a month.
In a notification available withDawn. the provincial government imposed a complete ban on gatherings of five or more than five persons, including sit-ins, processions, or rallies throughout the province for 30 days, effective immediately.
The ban also extended to covering faces in public places, “particularly through the use of mufflers, masks, or any other means that obstruct identification”, as well as the display or use of weapons, pillion riding, tinted glasses on vehicles. using unregistered motorcycles.
In light of the development. Special Assistant to the Home Department Babar Khan Yousafzai, in a statement, said that security had been placed on high alert.
“IfFitna-al-KhawarijandFitna-al-Hindustanmake any attempt of any misadventure, they will be met with full force,” he said, adding that security forces remained ready to thwart such attempts. all institutions remained on high alert.
The state uses the termFitna-al-Khawarij for terrorists associated with the proscribed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan, whileFitna-al-Hindustanis used for Balochistan-based terrorist groups.
It should be mentioned that on Wednesday. five soldiers, including a major-ranked officer, weremartyredduring an area sanitisation operation in Balochistan’s Barkhan district.
In April, nine people working at a copper. gold project site in Chagai district were killed in anarmed attackby unidentified assailants, according to officials.
Discussion
Sign in to join the thread, react, and share images.