Native World News

Notts extend Mohammad Ali deal to include T20 Blast

Notts extend Mohammad Ali deal to include T20 Blast

Mohammad Ali. the Pakistan seam bowler, will join up with Nottinghamshire in time to play the Vitality T20 Blast after the club extended his contract in the wake of Peter Siddle being barred from appearing in the competition.

Ali, 33, has worked previously with Notts assistant coach Paul Franks when the latter coached in Pakistan. He originally signed to play for Notts in the One-Day Cup. County Championship through August and September, but will now feature in the Blast as well.

The right-armer has been capped by Pakistan eight times across formats, most recently in March 2025. He arrives at Trent Bridge on the back of a successful PSL season with Hyderabad Kingsmen, where his 20 wickets helped the new franchise reach the final -. earned him a spot in ESPNcricinfo's team of the tournament.

"I am really pleased to get the opportunity to come to Trent Bridge earlier than expected,. I am really looking forward to the Vitality Blast," Ali said. "I was already really excited about the chance to come. play in England, so when I was told there was a chance to come earlier, I said yes straight away.

"I have heard a lot about how good Trent Bridge is to play at,. I can't wait to meet the team and play in front of the brilliant fans. I think we have a really good squad this year. I am excited to play with them and hopefully go really far in this competition."

Notts were forced into a last-minute rethink of their Blast plans by the news last month. Siddle would not be allowed to play for them after taking part in "disapproved cricket" - namely the World Legends Pro T20 League in Goa earlier this year.

The Blast gets under way on Friday. with Notts taking on Yorkshire in the North Group as part of the competition's rejig. In addition to Ali, they will have South Africa slow left-armer George Linde to fill their overseas slots.

Peter Moores. Nottinghamshire's head coach, said: "It's great news that we've been able to secure the services of Mohammad a bit earlier than planned. When it became clear last month that we'd have to find another overseas player for this year's Vitality Blast. Mohammad was the obvious choice.

"With his recent performances in the PSL, I'm really excited by what he can bring to our group,. Paul Franks has always spoken highly about his ability as well as his character. He'll add a lot of experience. quality to our group, which is what we want from our overseas players, as we look to hit our targets in the Blast this year."

Source: https://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/1537711.html?ex_cid=OTC-RSS

Discussion

Sign in to join the thread, react, and share images.